The Pinion

‘Mission: Impossible Fallout’ Review

Sixth installment excites ‘Mission: Impossible’ fans

Ryan Vanairsdale, Reporter

“Mission: Impossible – Fallout” was the sixth film in the Mission: Impossible movie series. In this installment, Ethan Hunt (played by Tom Cruise) is against a group called the Apostles. This terrorist organization got their hands on two plutonium cores for creating nuclear bombs. Ethan and his team must stop them from detonating the bombs and causing thousands of deaths. The special effects, soundtrack, and action scenes make for a great movie.

The plot was nothing short of amazing. There were so many twists and revelations, and many of them had very subtle foreshadowings earlier in the movie. Even with these, I was only able to predict a few things about the outcome, and it seems that the main characters dug themselves into even bigger predicaments as the story progressed.

“Mission: Impossible – Fallout” had some of the most intense action scenes I have ever seen. The amazing camera angles combined with the dramatic soundtrack made for an exceptional experience. The conflicts, especially the climax, were done so well that I felt almost as if I were in the scene myself. There were many moments where my heart was beating fast as I was on the edge of my seat, the entire movie theater seemingly going silent as the action happened.

One criticism of this movie is that the plot is hard to follow and can be confusing as to what is going on. I understand where these critics is coming from, but this is more of a matter of opinion. Due to the twist and turns in the plot, it is sometimes hard to tell who’s who and what their role is. However, that might make it all the better when the truth is revealed. Also, sometimes the plot is downright confusing. Without spoiling anything, sometimes I wasn’t able to tell what the characters were trying to accomplish or what they were doing, even though it seemed like something that should be apparent. The confusion wasn’t too severe, and the truth became more evident moments later.

The” Mission: Impossible” franchise has really outdone itself with this sixth installment. The depth of the plot was unprecedented, and the increasing conflict and stress the main characters faced were presented in such a way that I felt like I was in the scene. The action shots were breathtaking, and that coupled with the music meant an amazing experience in the theaters. Even though the plot might be a bit hard to follow, that is something that I would imagine is expected from such a plot, and sometimes that made the revealing moments so much better. “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” is definitely worth watching on the biggest screen you can find.