- Q- What is your age?
- Q-Where were you born?
- Q-What is your ethnicity?
- Q-Where have you traveled?
- Q-How many siblings do you have?
- Q-Where is your family from?
- Q-What are some things you like about your culture?
- Q-What’s your motto?
- Q-In your opinion how do your friends see you?
- Q-What is your favorite book?
- Q-What is your favorite movie?
- Q-What is your favorite singer/band?
- Q-What is your favorite color?
- Q-What is your favorite drink?
- Q-What are some of your hobbies?
- Q-What do you do during your free time?
- Q-Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Q-Where would you like to travels if you could?
In Muniz’s 8th grade year she made a horrifying discovery about the specifics of the cruel process in which animals go through to become the food on our plates. Just to make sure what she uncovered was true she did even more research.
The finding was devastating. “It felt like a bomb exploded in my heart.” Muniz said, “That moment was the start of my motivation…”
Once she understood the animal abuse, she knew she had to make a change. Almost instantly she made the switch to vegetarian. Thankfully her family is very understanding and even cooks vegetarian food for her. It goes to show that even the stubborn can modify and adapt to a new lifestyle.
Today she is glad that she became a vegetarian and wants to spread the word on animal abuse. “If we lived in a different world, where cows and pigs were treated like dog and cats- like family, I’m sure people would feel the same…”
Josephine Muniz, reporter
|Apr 12, 2016|| |
Musically made for creative minds, but are some teens too creative? (Story)
|Mar 08, 2016|| |
Living History – Hall of Honor Assembly (Story)
|Feb 18, 2016|| |
Hate pages on social media builds negativity (Story)
|Nov 23, 2015|| |
City of love becomes city of terror (Story)
|Nov 09, 2015|| |
Despite dangers, teens still sext (Story)
|Oct 26, 2015|| |
Giving back vs. forced labor (Story)
|Oct 18, 2015|| |
Taste Tea exceeds expectations (Story)
|Sep 09, 2015|| |
Student perspective changes on Siri (Story)
|Sep 09, 2015|| |
Okamura relates to student (Story)
|Aug 20, 2015|| |
150 years of McKinley Pride (Story)