Tiger Locker helps Homecoming spirit

Silvana Bautista, Web Co-Editor

The Tiger Locker is McKinley’s school store. It is usually open only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during lunch. Although, during some events such as Homecoming Week, it is open all week.

The Tiger Locker offers items that varies from hoodies to shirts to temporary tattoos. The store is run by student volunteers. This homecoming week, student activities was full of bustling activity. In addition to the Tiger Locker store, the Student Council was also selling this year’s homecoming shirts.

On Sept. 19, on the night of the Lighting of the M, the Tiger Locker was also open to sell items to students as well as teachers and parents. Many students came to buy shirts but were upset in the lack of shirt sizes. By the time of the Lighting of the M, many sizes such as the adults’ smalls and mediums, and womens’ mediums were already sold out. Many students were disappointed but ended up buying one of the available sizes.

Jeremy Tongpalan, the manager of the Tiger Locker, said that Homecoming week is really different from any other part of the year. It’s the time of year when the number of customers drastically increase.

“It’s really busy because of Homecoming Week,” he said.

The Tiger Locker was open from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the night of the Lighting of the M.  It will continue on its usual schedule starting next week.