What makes a perfect prom?

Lin Song, Web Co-Editor

Finding dates, buying prom dresses and signing up for tables, everyone gets excited as the day for prom approaches, hoping to create a great high school memory.

So what makes a perfect prom?

Senior Angel Au’s answer is to have “good companion and a fancy setting.”

Senior Baby Tuaga Manu said there should be “good vibe and entertainment.”

What seniors June Yi, Seunghun Joo, Sean Choi and Aron Yan hope is to “have good memories with friends.”

A perfect prom needs great people and music, seniors Oilau Lutali and Dayonara Gaoteote said.

They said the music of the junior prom last year did not meet their expectations. A DJ should “play music that fits us,” Gaoteote said.

This year, the prom committee tried to improve by collecting music suggestions from students. They also collected prom slideshow photos from seniors.

Junior Alice Cheng also suggested that there can be more fun games and “maybe a photo booth for selfies.”

Teachers might have a different focus about the prom.

“I want to see them happy and having fun,” teacher April Nakamura said. But more importantly, “our number one concern is that they are safe all night,” Nakamura said.

There will be at security and teachers, including the principal, at the prom. Teacher Osamu Ono is one of them. “Our responsibility is to make sure that students do not do anything wrong,” Ono said.

The MHS senior prom this year is held a week before graduation. That night will be special because of everyone’s memories of the past and hopes of the future.

“At the prom night, students come together as a senior class in a formal way,” Nakamura said. “They behave differently when they dress differently,” and become “more sophisticated and more mature.”